martes, 19 de febrero de 2013

WHATEVER BISCUITS

I had a few ingredients sitting in the fridge,
left overs from Christmas,
and  just crying out to be used up!







So I decided to bake some "whatever " biscuits,
a recipe I picked up online a couple of years ago,
a thermomix recipe,from Recipe Community,
by Melinda, I think.
( My apologies,if that's not quite right!)





The basic recipe is as follows

INGREDIENTS

110g raw sugar

110g butter

1 egg

160g S.R.Flour

plus the magic ingredient:

1 cup of "whatever" ,thats roughly 170g.
And could include:
any  combination of chopped nuts,
raisins,sultanas, mini smarties,
 dates, cornflakes, muesli........ or....


 
 
dried cranberries...
 
 
 
 
 
 
dark chocolate drops...
 



 
 
 
yoghurt covered raisins...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
dried apricots or peaches...
 


ACCESSORIES

If you have a thermomix you 'll only require

a spatula

2 baking trays covered with oven parchment
 or a silcone  sheet. (At Matina Cookies we use the Ikea flat trays,
which are ideal for biscuits.)


METHOD

OVEN preheated to 180ºC( or 160ºC if you use fan mode)


If your "whatever" ingredients are whole,
give them a light blitz ( 2 or 3 seconds)with the turbo button.
Or chop as preferred.

1. grind the sugar in the thermomix. 6 secs on speed 9.

2.Add butter at room temperature, or soften for 30secs at 60ºc speed3.

3.cream butter and sugar 20secs on speed 4.
 Check  if you need to scrape down the sides and continue.

4.Add the egg.(I've added 3 drops of almond essence
 because of my whatever ingredients. I wouldnt normally.) 
 Mix  20secs on speed 4.

5. Add flour.  Mix for 20secs on speed 5.


6. Add your WHATEVER ingredients. 
 This time I`ve used some glacé cherries and chopped almonds.
 They weren't toasted,so I popped them in the oven for 10 mins
 beforehand to make them nice and crunchy.
Mix for 10secs on reverse and speed 4.




They can also be incorporated by hand and stirred with  the spatula.



Now,roll the mix into little balls ,
more or less the size of a walnut




and place on the prepared baking sheets
leaving room for spreading in the oven.


Here I've added a few chopped toasted almonds prior to cooking.
I topped the second batch with slices of  glacé cherries.



Bake for 10 to 12 minutes .





Take them out of the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.





When completely cool they can be put in an airtight tin or container.....






........or eaten up by the family!



 
These have gone down very well!




I've previously made them with apricots which are deelisshhhious!
The little people of the family love them with choc. chips or smarties!

It's a matter of what you need using up!



Happy baking and let me know if  you like the recipe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario